Sixth Year Certificate


The Two Summers Program offers an option to receive a 30-credit Sixth Year certificate in Educational Technology for individuals who have already earned a conferred Master’s Degree.

To apply for a Sixth Year certificate, the applicant must already possess a Master’s in a similar/related discipline. Coursework and assessments (i.e., eportfolio artifact requirements) are identical to the Two Summers Master of Arts (MA) Degree in Educational Technology. A second Master’s degree is an optionthe choice for a Sixth Year certificate usually depends on the specific wording of union agreements regarding step increases for specific school districts.

Teachers from school districts with pay scales that specifically target “30 credits beyond the Master’s” should consider the Sixth Year Degree option.