Application deadline for the Two Summers Program 2020-2021 cohort (beginning 13 July 2020) has been EXTENDED to
Applications will continue to be accepted and reviewed until the cohort is filled.
Applications received after the 2020-2021 cohort is filled will be wait-listed, but there are often last minute openings as applicants’ plans change.
Experience teaching and learning with educational technology experts at the University of Connecticut’s top 20-ranked Neag School of Education Department of Educational Psychology!
As part of the innovative Two Summers Program, you’ll explore a wide array of emerging technologies in our state-of-the-art, wireless bring-your-own-device (BYOD) facility, complete with educational games/simulations, drones, robots, assistive resources, and video conferencing tools. Earn your degree attending face-to-face courses for just one week during two consecutive summers, fulfilling other requirements through fully-online environments connected through a long-term, growth-oriented eportfolio.
The Two Summers Program creates opportunities for students to:
- Explore learning strategies focused on new digital literacies / critical discernment for the online world
- Participate in an online community that connects learners with knowledgeable colleagues and UConn faculty
- Compile a rich electronic portfolio of practical, course-based artifacts
Our innovative approach allows students to develop proficiency through:
- Experiencing a unique balance of online and on-campus learning
- Focusing on a combination of personal productivity and the application of emerging technologies to work spaces
- Cooperatively demonstrating technological knowledge, visionary leadership, and planning skills in your classroom environment
ATTENTION PROSPECTIVE 2020-2021 COHORT
For those joining us for Summer 2020, your Summer Year 1 classes will meet July 13 – 18, 2020 (Monday – Saturday) and continue through August in our online environment. Students will complete 6 credits during Summer 1 and enroll in online courses for Fall and Spring before returning for a capstone week the following summer (Summer 2). Your cohort will have its Summer 2 Capstone week July 5 – 9, 2021 (Monday – Friday).