Actively recruiting accepting applications for the Summer 2024-25 Cohort
Experience teaching and learning with educational technology experts at the University of Connecticut’s top 20-ranked Neag School of Education Department of Educational Psychology!
As part of the innovative Two Summers Program, you’ll explore a wide array of emerging technologies in our state-of-the-art, wireless bring-your-own-device (BYOD) facility, complete with educational games/simulations, drones, robots, assistive resources, and video conferencing tools. Earn your degree attending face-to-face courses for just one week during two consecutive summers, fulfilling other requirements through fully-online environments connected through a long-term, growth-oriented eportfolio.
The Two Summers Program creates opportunities for students to:
- Explore learning strategies focused on new digital literacies / critical discernment for the online world
- Participate in an online community that connects learners with knowledgeable colleagues and UConn faculty
- Compile a rich electronic portfolio of practical, course-based artifacts
Our innovative approach allows students to develop proficiency through:
- Experiencing a unique balance of online and on-campus learning
- Focusing on a combination of personal productivity and the application of emerging technologies to work spaces
- Cooperatively demonstrating technological knowledge, visionary leadership, and planning skills in your classroom environment
NOTE: Two Summers 2024-25 uses a hybrid format designed for working professionals and accommodates a busy work/learning schedule
- The incoming Two Summers cohort (2024 – 2025) will meet face-to-face on the UConn Storrs campus from 9:00a – 4:00p on Monday, 15 July 2024 and again on Saturday, 20 July 2024; they will also meet virtually (using HuskyCT, the UConn version of Blackboard) from 9:00a – 4:00p on the intervening days, Tuesday (July 16) through Friday (July 19).
ProSem WEEK 2024
Two Summers students complete 6 credits during Summer 1. The incoming cohort will have its Summer 1 ProSem week July 15 – 20, 2024 (Monday – Saturday).
Two Summers students complete 6 credits during Summer 1 and enroll in online courses for Fall and Spring before returning for a capstone week the following summer (Summer 2). The current cohort will have its Summer 2 Capstone week July 8 – 12, 2024 (Monday – Friday).