The application deadline for the Two Summers Program 2022-2023 cohort (beginning 18 July 2022) is open.
Applications received after the May 15 deadline and/or after the 2022-2023 cohort is filled will be wait-listed, but there are often last minute openings as applicants’ plans change.
Experience teaching and learning with educational technology experts at the University of Connecticut’s top 20-ranked Neag School of Education Department of Educational Psychology!
As part of the innovative Two Summers Program, you’ll explore a wide array of emerging technologies in our state-of-the-art, wireless bring-your-own-device (BYOD) facility, complete with educational games/simulations, drones, robots, assistive resources, and video conferencing tools. Earn your degree attending face-to-face courses for just one week during two consecutive summers, fulfilling other requirements through fully-online environments connected through a long-term, growth-oriented eportfolio.
The Two Summers Program creates opportunities for students to:
- Explore learning strategies focused on new digital literacies / critical discernment for the online world
- Participate in an online community that connects learners with knowledgeable colleagues and UConn faculty
- Compile a rich electronic portfolio of practical, course-based artifacts
Our innovative approach allows students to develop proficiency through:
- Experiencing a unique balance of online and on-campus learning
- Focusing on a combination of personal productivity and the application of emerging technologies to work spaces
- Cooperatively demonstrating technological knowledge, visionary leadership, and planning skills in your classroom environment
NOTE: Although Two Summers typically features one full week of on-campus classes and cohort-building during Summer Year 1 and capstone Summer Year 2, we will be moving to a hybrid format for Summer 2021 to accommodate current physical distancing guidelines.
- The outgoing Two Summers cohort (2022 – 2022) will meet face-to-face from 9:00a – 4:00p on Monday (July 11) and virtually Tuesday through Thursday (July 14), then face-to-face again on the UConn Storrs campus from 9:00a – 4:00p on Friday, 15 July 2022.
- The incoming Two Summers cohort (2022 – 2023) will meet face-to-face on the UConn Storrs campus from 9:00a – 4:00p on Monday, 18 July 2022 and Saturday, 23 July 2022; they will also meet virtually from 9:00a – 4:00p on Tuesday (July 13) through Friday (July 16).
While on campus, Two Summers students will be expected to adhere to all university, state, and CDC guidance, including wearing masks and maintaining a safe physical distance.
Two Summers students complete 6 credits during Summer 1 and enroll in online courses for Fall and Spring before returning for a capstone week the following summer (Summer 2). The current cohort will have its Summer 2 Capstone week July 5 – 9, 2021 (Monday – Friday).