The application process for the Two Summers Program 2023-2024 cohort (beginning 17 July 2023) is open.
Applications received after the May 15 deadline and/or after the 2023-2024 cohort is filled will be wait-listed, but there are often last minute openings as applicants’ summers plans can change.
Experience teaching and learning with educational technology experts at the University of Connecticut’s top 20-ranked Neag School of Education Department of Educational Psychology!
As part of the innovative Two Summers Program, you’ll explore a wide array of emerging technologies in our state-of-the-art, wireless bring-your-own-device (BYOD) facility, complete with educational games/simulations, drones, robots, assistive resources, and video conferencing tools. Earn your degree attending face-to-face courses for just one week during two consecutive summers, fulfilling other requirements through fully-online environments connected through a long-term, growth-oriented eportfolio.
The Two Summers Program creates opportunities for students to:
- Explore learning strategies focused on new digital literacies / critical discernment for the online world
- Participate in an online community that connects learners with knowledgeable colleagues and UConn faculty
- Compile a rich electronic portfolio of practical, course-based artifacts
Our innovative approach allows students to develop proficiency through:
- Experiencing a unique balance of online and on-campus learning
- Focusing on a combination of personal productivity and the application of emerging technologies to work spaces
- Cooperatively demonstrating technological knowledge, visionary leadership, and planning skills in your classroom environment
NOTE: Two Summers 2023-24 uses a hybrid format designed for working professionals and accommodates a busy work/learning schedule
- The outgoing Two Summers cohort (2022 – 2023) will meet virtually from 9:00a – 4:00p on Monday (July 10) through Thursday (July 13), then face-to-face on the UConn Storrs campus from 9:00a – 4:00p on Friday, 14 July 2023.
- The incoming Two Summers cohort (2023 – 2024) will meet face-to-face on the UConn Storrs campus from 9:00a – 4:00p on Monday, 17 July 2023 and again on Saturday, 22 July 2023; they will also meet virtually (using HuskyCT, the UConn version of Blackboard) from 9:00a – 4:00p on the intervening days, Tuesday (July 18) through Friday (July 21).
Two Summers students complete 6 credits during Summer 1 and enroll in online courses for Fall and Spring before returning for a capstone week the following summer (Summer 2). The current cohort will have its Summer 2 Capstone week July 10 – 15, 2022 (Monday – Friday).